Programme Management Unit
RAIN is organised in a way that reflects its focus on partnership: an international network supported by the Program Management Unit in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Program Management Unit (PMU) ensures:
- Identification and strengthening of partner organisations in each country programme;
- Stimulation of in-country innovation in developing a context-appropriate approach and technologies;
- Selection of regions and beneficiaries for which RWH has the greatest impact;
- Development of long-term sustainability and widespread uptake, e.g. through lobbying to establish RWH in (inter)national water policies and integrating RWH with alternative financial mechanisms such as microfinance;
- Monitoring and evaluation of programme work and impact;
- Access to information and expertise to support RWH initiatives.
The PMU consists of a dedicated Team of 8.
The PMU works in close partnership with its RHCC and implementing partners.
The composition of the Board and IAC of RAIN.